5 Good reasons to visit Botswana by Dr Boikanyo Trust Phenyo –
Director Botswana Community UK
I invite you to visit one of the jewels of Africa, my beautiful Botswana; sparsely populated –
the size of Texas with the population of Wales.
1. If you want to meet the origins of humankind, the spirit of your ancestors, then visit
the Makgadikgadi Salt Pans in the north-eastern Botswana. Recently BBC news
published this article titled “Origin of modern humans traced to Botswana”
2. Botswana is the world's largest producer of diamonds, the trade for which has
transformed it into a middle-income nation
3. We protect some of Africa's largest areas of wilderness – experience the safari
diversity. The Okavango Delta is one of the last remaining unspoiled wilderness areas
of Africa. Don’t leave without experiencing the ancient San paintings at Tsodilo Hills!
4. Botswana is one of the safest countries in Africa – we have an excellent human rights
record and the levels of poverty are the lowest in the continent. I invite you to
appreciate the peace and tranquility we have to offer
5. Perfect destination for bird watching – we have over 600 different bird species