A new dawn in history unfolded, as chapter members from The Nigerians in The Diaspora Organization Europe (NIDO) met in the City of Dortmund for a memorable Nido Europe Summit on Friday the 26th of May and Saturday the 27th of May at The LENSING – CAREE CONFERENCE CENTRE, Silberstrasse 21 44137 Dortmund, Germany
Distinguished Key Speakers, Entrepreneurs , Politicians, Community Leaders and NIDO Chapter members travelled from far and wide to experience and participate in an inspirational thought provoking event packed with presentations, workshops, new partnerships, networking, media interviews and the urgent need to plan and implement sort term and long term initiatives for the social and economical development of business, trade and an enabling environment in Nigeria.
I was also in Dortmund, Germany to promote the summit but also to gather the thoughts of distinguished community leaders and NIDO Chapter members who travelled from far and wide.
One of the amazing NIDO Members I got to speak to was Mr Yemi Adelusola, A very experienced IT Consultant for The European commission and The Vice chair person for NIDO BELUX region
- It is a pleasure to meet you here at THE NIDO EUROPE SUMMIT in Germany. It feels great to be talking to my Senor from my childhood days in Federal Government College, Azare. It just simply shows that we live in a small world, sometimes more than we imagine . Can you tell our African Online audience of over 6,000 Members, a bit about yourself and your background?
I work as a consultant to both the EU/UN on programme management anddeployment of Large scale IT systems
2. What has inspired you most about THE NIDO SUMMIT and what are three things you have been impressed with
I like the idea that the organisation is moving forward. Three lessons are:
- You need the right people to fuel your vision
2. unification of purpose is required to get any desired result.
3. Change in Nigeria is inevitable
3. What are your thoughts on the Vision of NIDO as an organization?
NIDO should embrace all other organisations in diaspora and act as a think tank/consultative forum for the government.
4 . If our online audience wants to know more about what you do, are there any social media Platform that people can check out?
Security issues and Non disclosure agreements does not allow me to publicise my work.